Saturday, March 7, 2009

Autobiography

My first major vacation was to Walt Disney World. When I went there, I was two years old. When I left, however, I was three. I celebrated my third birthday there. I do not remember much about it, but it was still amazing.

In 2001, I went to the Florida Keys on my second major vacation. When I was there, I actually swam with dolphins, and I even kissed one. Unfortunately, I got an ear infection and was not able to swim after that. I only swam once! So it was both a good and a bad vacation.


When I was in fourth grade, I wanted to play hockey, so I decided to learn how to ice skate. On January 29, which is my mom's birthday, I fell backwards during my skating lessons. A girl, trying to stop, ended up sliding into me, and the edge of her skate hit my head and cut me. My dad took me to the hospital and I had to get three stitches. That was probably my moms least favorite birthday.



My dad is a photographer, so he photographs many weddings. One time, he had to photograph a wedding on an island known as St. John, so my family and I went there on vacation. On our vacation, we also stayed on St. Thomas, where my dad and I went snorkeling. We saw squid, a huge school of fish, a barracuda, and a green sea turtle. It was one of my favorite vacations.



I am very good in math and I like acting. In seventh grade, I took a test to get into the advanced math class, and I passed. Then, however, I found out that I could take an all-year drama class, instead. My mom called the school during the summer to make sure I was put into the drama class, but I was put into the math class instead. Once I began school in the math class, however, I decided it was easier to simply stay there, instead of having to switch classes.



I enjoyed that class. My teachers were nice, I was being challenged, and I made some new friends. The work was not too hard, either. I had a good time in that class that year. I am glad I decided to stay.



I even joined a few clubs and activities growing up. When I was in first grade, I joined boy scouts for five or six years. I did many things as a scout. I raced wooden cars, toy sailboats, and slept over at a park one time. I was even able to sleep on a United States battleship!



The battle ship sleep over was amazing. I got to eat food prepared on the ship, ride in a flight simulator, and I even got to take a tour! That was one of my favorite things as a scout. However, I did not stay a scout much longer. None of my friends stayed and I never liked it that much, so I quit.



I also got into the National Junior Honor Society in seventh grade. My family was so proud of my grades and that I was able to get into the Honor Society, and so was I. I will never forget the day of my induction ceremony. It felt amazing to actually accept my induction certificate. I even took pictures of the next year's ceremony for the Society with two other photographers.



In seventh grade, I walked with the Honor Society to raise money for a disease known as A.L.S. I was going to walk the following year as well, but it was cancelled. However, I did collect money in the lunch room with one of my friends in the Society. That year, I graduated from eighth grade wearing a sash signifying that I was in the club. Its was extraordinary to get the opportunity to actually graduate as a member of it!

Another thing I did growing up was play soccer. Although I played it, I did not like it that much. I stopped once I got to middle school. However, I recently became interested in golf. I plan on trying out for golf soon.



I also like to read. My favorite book series is A Series of Unfortunate Events. I have read the entire series. Those books are the ones that got me interested in reading. Without them I probably never would have read as many books as I have today.



Well that is my life. It is filled with both pleasant and unpleasant events. However, i am really enjoying it so far. I definitely have some interesting and funny stories from it. I cannot wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment